Saturday, May 22, 2010

Devyn and Charlie Take on Road Pricing!

Well, not really. But today was our very first semi-grown-up day out, since our duo finally has a licensed driver! I always knew that Devyn would be the first one to get her license, since she's all cars-y (oooh boys, we all know you love a chick who loves her cars) and also because I've got no (proper and unembarrassing) car to drive. Besides, the most impressive thing I've done with/to/for a car is my game on Need for Speed, but even then I can't beat the time limit (New Kid On The Block challenge too, how embarrassing).

ANYWHO. I took the bus over to her house and we chilled for a while while she watched some Korean show (granted, it was semi entertaining thanks to emo kid in the black vest in the picture below with his emo singing)


Anyway, soon after that we went on our drive! We sent her brother to school and then started on our way to the flea market at Clarke Quay. We thought we'd be awesome and wouldn't get lost, but Alas! It seems you can't trust gothere.sg as much as you'd like to, because YOU DO NOT EXIT AT EXIT 11 if you want to go to Clarke Quay. So we drove a very long way into the heartlands looking for a place to U-turn, seeing as Devyn's car was big like a new born baby whale and we couldn't trust her very fresh driving. But grrrrl, skills. She has them.

Anywho, after that there isn't much to tell. Except Central has got a 5 storey spiral that you need to drive up to get to the carpark. Hello, I've never been drunk but that mustave been what it feels like to have 5 shots of tequila. Picture spam time!


 DAMN UGLY AHHH. Like, wtf is up with my chin. I sense an eating disorder coming on.


Aww, how purty.It's not really a Polaroid, just the fake computer version called Poladroid. Go check it out!



You know those emotive scenes where the camera just shows you the car's POV of driving through a tunnel, but at like twice the speed? Yea, this is like that.

I'd have more pictures, but they all turned out blurry! I dropped my camera and I think it must have broken something inside, which makes me uber pissed.

Ahh, I'll come back to this post when I've got the time.

-Charleh

2 comments:

  1. Aww Taekyeon looks so hot! Thank you for picking a good picture. Anyway, yes driving an MPV wasn't a walk in the park. It took me awhile to get the hang of it, but no crashes, no casualties. I think I did well. Not to mention the fact that my dad warned me not to go over 80km/h, which I did :P He won't know ;)
    Oh btw, after charlie was gone, I was left with my sister. I told her I need to get to Nicoll Highway from Jln Sultan, so look at the map and tell me where to turn. She told me to turn left, but my instincts tell me to turn right.
    Should have followed my instincts, cos left brought me to Nicoll Highway only towards Katong. I don't live in Katong.
    Oh well, had to make another U-turn. And pay another 2bucks for ERP. My dad's gonna kill me.

    OH! AND I HATE how people think just cos I've just graduated and have that triangle sign on my car does not make me easy. GOD there was this Johor car that drove so close to me, I thought the person was blind or probably stupid! urgh! Idiot! Not to mention how some people would just cut into my lane, thinking I would just give way. How bloody hell annoying! Pfft

    BUT I'll be driving again tomorrow, so let's hope it doesn't get any worse. My cousin's engagement is tomorrow, and she's having quite a big affair. So this means I have to parallel park by her terrace house. Finger crossed!

    Apart from that, driving is a joy. Maybe for now. Should really persuade my mom to get a car, so I can share with her. HAHA!

    Devyn signing out!

    ReplyDelete